Welcome To The Image And The Word
7th Annual Exhibit - 2014
Winter/Spring of 2014 at the Emy Frentz Guild, 523 S. 2nd Street, Mankato, MN
The Image and the Word is a photography-inspires-poetry art exhibit annually produced by Derek Liebertz and Yvonne Cariveau with the wonderful cooperation of the Southern MN Poetry Society and the Bend of the River Photography Club.
Here's How It Goes...
- Photographers submit photos for consideration.
- Photos are reviewed and finalists are chosen for display. (we notify the photographers)
- Poets write poems inspired by the selected photos.
- Framed photos and mounted poems are hung in the Emy Frentz Guild gallery.
- Fun reception - performance art event - with poets and photographers, wine and yummy snacks and a fun vote for favorites.
- The public comes and enjoys the images and poems and sometimes they buy the ones they like best to hang in their office or home.
- Favorite poem - Mama Gaia by Esther Marcella, Retirement by Susan Stevens Chambers and Metal Dream by Henry Panowitsch
- Favorite picture - "The Old Allis" photo by John Othoudt
- Favorite pairing - Seeking the Chalmers by Christina Flaugher and "The Old Allis" photo by John Othoudt
- Favorite poem - Window by John Calvin Rezmerski
- Favorite picture - The Witness Tree by Kay Helms
- Favorite pairing - Artists Colors by Terri DeGazelle and the accompanying poem by Susan Stevens Chambers
Videos of some of the poems being read:
The exhibit is now down. Winners of Best Photo, Best Poem and best Pairing have been selected! Watch your emails.